Thursday, December 15, 2011

Over the years I have had many people ask me about what books have helped to shape me in my spiritual life. I thought it might be neat to share my "Top Ten" (not including the Bible) list with you, in case you might want to purchase these books for your family and friends for Christmas.

1) "Tortured For Christ" - Richard Wurmbrand (any of his books)
2) "Foxe's Box of Martyrs" John Foxe
3) "The Knowledge of The Holy" - A.W. Tozer (any of his books)
4) "Why Revival Tarries" - Leonard Ravenhill (any of his books)
5) "The Doulos Principle" - James Garrett
6) "Humility" - Andrew Murray
7) " The Practice of The Presence of God" - Brother Lawrence
8) "Surviving The Anointing" - David Ravenhill
9) "Through Gates of Splendor" - Elisabeth Elliot
10) "The Way of The Heart" - Henri Nouwen

There are so many more that I could share, but if a person obtained, read and lived what these books promote, I'm sure they would be well on their way to living the normal Christian life. What a great gift this would make for someone you love! (Disclaimer- Just because I mentioned the titles of these particular books, does not mean that I agree with everything pertaining to the author.)



Tom Zurowski

1 comment:

  1. I really would like to work my way through this list. It has been a while but I have read Tortured for Christ and right now I am in the middle of Foxe's Book of Martyrs.

    ReplyDelete